Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Dancing Around One Another

I've always been intrigued by the game "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon." Granted, I'm not the best at trying to bring every actor I know back to being connected to Mr. Bacon in six steps or less, but I love to hear everyone else who can. And especially see it played out in reality.

(source)

I'm pretty sure that Justin and I danced around each other for a good number of years. He and I attended the same college (he was two years ahead of me) so there's no telling how many times we probably brushed shoulders passing on campus. Heck, he may have even held a door open for me at some point (Georgetown is a small school). It was decided that his face was familiar to me because he participated in the intramural sports for the dorms quite often, and just so happens that Emily and I used to go along to baseball and dodgeball games to cheer GIA along.

Being a country boy from eastern Ky, Justin was familiar with several people that I was acquaintances with while in school. Turns out he was even good friends with the girl who would become my roommate my second semester of freshman year. Justin's roommate went to high school with her, and according to him, they would come to my dorm to hang out with her and her roomie quite often- she only lived three doors down from me. He was also acquainted with a friend of mine from high school through mutual friends dating friends. And when I was introduced to his core group of friends about a month or so into dating, I found out that I lived in the same apartments as Nick & Nicole. The fun just never ends.

Sometimes it's amazing to piece together how situations have worked out over time. So many ways that we could have met and known each other years earlier, but then again so many ways that we could have ended up not speaking today. If there was any ever need of proof that sometimes it is just the whole "right place, right time", I got it. Because I'm pretty sure me at 19 or 20 was not the same as me at almost 24. And when we did finally meet, it was magic.

(personal photo- and yes, he's eating a cookie)

Did any of you find out later on that there were only a few degrees of separation between you and your significant other earlier in life?

No comments: