Friday, November 5, 2010

Happy Halloween a Bride To Be's Style

Last year, Justin and I decided to throw a Halloween party for our awesome group of friends.  We normally covered New Year's Eve, but because he would be out of town on a duck hunting excursion, and I would be working New Year's Day (terrible, I know), we traded in for a new holiday.

Silk Spectre and Rorschach from The Watchmen (personal photo)

This year, we decided to throw our second annual Halloween party and couple it with our engagement party.  Nothing fancy, just another reason to come together and have a few drinks :)  My original costume idea was going to be a Peacock, and I found some lovely wings at Party City.  Couple those with a pretty feather mask, and Flo's black dress that I wore for her bachelorette party (seen here), and I had the makings for an awesome outfit.  Until I went to buy the peacock wings and they were sold out.  Boo.  And then Flo couldn't find her dress, even after turning the house upside down at least three times.  Double boo.

So my last minute replacement costume? 

Photo by Brittany

Yep, that's right.  A bachelorette.  I figured since it was a Halloween/Engagement party, the costume would be appropriate (and I could secure the sash of my desiring for my actual bachelorette party next year, bwahahaha).  So one new shirt from Kohl's and a sash, ridiculously large tiara (that Justin refused to let me leave the store without) and a mardi gras bead shotglass later, I was transformed into a cute bachelorette.

Anyone else play up your engaged status for Halloween?

No comments: