Monday, September 27, 2010

The Matron of Honor- My California Love

My Matron of Honor, Flo!

Flo, her husband Brian and their doggle Bruno

About six years ago, Flo and I met online. Not a crazy story in this day and age, but I nonetheless giggled a little every time I told one of the many people who asked how we knew one another in the week leading up to her wedding (a valid question consdering she's in California and I'm from Kentucky). At that time we were both dating Airmen, and "met" in a military girlfriends forum on LiveJournal. Forum chatting turned into emails, which turned into phone calls, which turned into a real life friendship as time passed and as I said in her slideshow (asking to be my then Maid of Honor), obviously our friendship was the best thing that came from those long over relationships, lol.



Flo is my rock. She's my soapbox rant listener, my love of music-sharer, my "Squee, I'm so excited!" enthusiasm giver. She always knows how to comfort me when I'm in the throes of stress, indecision or just plain not knowing. And just hearing her voice pick up the phone with a "Hello Sunshine!" or "Shanabear!" makes my day a happy one. Her and her now husband Brian are the parents to two snack size doggles, a dachshund and a mini-Sheltie, both of which I love to snuggle.



I was fortunate enough to head to the west coast to visit Flo and Brian two years ago. We spent a great few days tooling around San Francisco, around the town they lived and eating more delicious foods and drinking awesome wines than I knew was possible (the perks of living so close to Napa Valley). A year later, I was over the moon to get the news that Brian had proposed (although I knew it was coming since I'd helped get her ring size information for him) and even more excited/honored when Flo asked me to be a bridesmaid.

I'm Miss Green :)

I can't wait for this girl to finally make her way to Kentucky next year! I couldn't think of anyone better to fill my right hand spot for my big day :)

No comments: