Thursday, September 30, 2010

My Mommy-To-Be Bridesmaid

My mommy-to-be (for the second time) bridesmaid, Nicole!

Nicole, with her husband Nick and daughter Bailey

I met Nicole almost three years ago through a certain someone named Justin. She is part of his core group of friends that stemmed from working at a theater in our college town (her husband, Nick, and Justin have been friends for some time now). I knew that we were meant to be when just a few weeks after meeting everyone for the first time, I threw up on one of her blankets after a St. Patty's Day party and she didn't get mad. She actually probably didn't know about it until Justin announced we needed to take the blanket home with us, but that's neither here nor there.

Nicole and I have bonded over emails throughout the day, coupon clipping, house plans and already built dream homes (she's a realtor), and our fantasy of one day owning our own bread and sweet shop together. She's my go-to for sharing girly secrets, asking girly questions and thus far a lot of opinions about wedding related items. If there's one thing Nicole is, it's honest, so I always know I'm getting her true opinion even when she doesn't agree with me.


To me, Nicole is one of the greatest examples of how mine and Justin's world came together so easily. She, (along with the rest of the group) welcomed me in with open arms, has made me privy to more personal details of life, and best of all? I've been blessed to watch her and Nick's daughter Bailey (our flower girl!) grow from a 4 month old baby to an almost three year old little lady (and the new addition will be here about a month before the wedding!). Justin and I are both only children, so it's an honor for us to be called an 'aunt' and 'uncle' by our closest friends' kids.

No comments: