Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes...

Well, if that's the case I'm going to have to say no thank you Cinderella, cause if last night's dream were to come true then I'm just a glutton for punishment.

It was the wedding day. We were having the ceremony outdoors at a farm. When my family and friends and I got to the location, there was a birthday party going on inside the building we were to get ready in, but they promised they'd be out by a certain time. I didn't have my hair fixed, so I borrowed a curling iron from one of the other girls. The plan was to start an hour before kick off. Oh, how miserably we failed.

With half an hour to go before the ceremony, things were still coming up that had made it impossible for me to get ready yet. I was getting ready to throw some curls into my hair when all of a sudden, one of Flo's friends convinces us we need to go grab something to eat. Suddenly it's 8:00 (yep, apparently the wedding was supposed to be at 8, and of course it was still bright and sunny in my dream), and I realize that we're late. The girl tells me it's not a big deal because it's my wedding and who cares about the guests and I yell at her "I do!" So we high tail it back to the venue.

At this point, we're thirty minutes late, I'm trying to decide whether we should go on with it or just reschedule (if only it were that easy, right?), when I realize a few other things. We don't have flowers.  No one set up the tables for the reception. I haven't seen (nor remember making) the first cake to be served and where was my groom?  The photographer kept asking when he could come in to take the getting ready shots and there was honestly nothing to shoot at that point except chaos.

Chalk it up to another wedding nightmare. Oh, and did I mention that it was one of those annoying continuing dreams? The kind that after you wake up and go back to sleep, you dream a continuation of where you ended the first time? Both weird and not quality sleep friendly, lol.

Has anyone else had odd wedding related dreams?

No comments: