Monday, October 4, 2010

My First Best Friend in Life Bridesmaid

My first best friend in life Bridesmaid, Cassie!

Cassie with her (almost) husband Ryan and his daughter Alexia

Cassie and I have known each other from birth practically. We grew up in the same church and lived no more than a quarter mile apart.

Cassie and I in the "horse show" at the fair when we were 5 (personal photo)

My mom babysat her and her brother Craig before Cassie and I started school, so my normal 4 year old routine was waking up before daylight, riding a minute up the road and then climbing into bed with Cassie to go back to sleep for a bit. Our days were spent playing, swimming and trying to "run away" (although Mom did catch us once).

Middle School Dance Team (personal photo via Brock Studio)

I lost touch with Cassie a bit during high school, although when we did get a chance to talk it was always as if no time had gone by. After graduation, we went our separate ways to college and several years later I ran into her at a high school football game. Our friendship was rekindled and we've been back together so to speak for several years now. And she was even there the night that Justin and I became official.

(personal photo)

Cassie herself has some happy things to celebrate in her life. She just finished up her MBA, and later this month she'll be getting married on a beautiful beach in the Dominican Republic, gaining a step-daughter in the process and then coming home with her new husband to celebrate with family and friends. I can't wait to see the video of the ceremony! She also completes what I lovingly call my group of "Married Maids", seeings how once she says "I do", all of my girls will be wives :)

No comments: