Monday, October 25, 2010

Guilty Pleasure Series: Candy Buffets

Every person has their own guilty pleasures.  The tv shows we watch, music we listen to, fashion items we drool over but don't generally share with others.  For some, it's because of embarassment (for instance, I own the following CD's from back in the day: Aqua, both Ace of Bases and Cher's Greatest Hits.  Okay, I freely admit Cher cause she's awesome), some it simply falls under their "fantasy" category.  Hey, a girl can dream.

So my guilty pleasure series will spotlight those trends, touches and traditions (or non-traditions) that I'd love to have for my very own, but either can't afford, can't smush in or it's just simply too fancy for us but I still think it's fun/pretty :)

First up, Candy Buffets.


I'm pretty sure, as with a lot of things, I first saw the concept of a candy buffet on Weddingbee.  Firstly, what a perfect way to say thank you to guests for celebrating with you (and adding an uber cute fun factor to the room)!  And it's so simple.

Step 1: Pick out candies that either have meanings amongst friends and family, are just favorites of the bride and groom or match the general color scheme (which is my personal favorite).


Step 2: Procure gorgeous glass pieces to fill with said candy.

Step 3: Toss in some DIY jar labels, able cloth and overall decor.


Step 4: Give each guest the perfect sized package to fill with scoops of those candies until the seams burst.


Your family and friend get to ooh and aah over the beautiful setup, your wedding favor doubles as room decor and there are plenty of smiles to go around because I mean, really, who doesn't smile when candy is involved?

And I'll let you in on a smidge of a secret- the candy buffet is an inspiration for one piece of our reception, but the full story has to come later :)

No comments: