Monday, October 11, 2010

Pretty in...Well, You'll See

Ah, wedding colors. So many combinations out there to tempt and tease you while you're waiting for the day to come that the love of your life asks for your hand in marriage. And even more combinations to make you say "Oooh" and "Aaah" and "Arrrrggghhh!" Eh, such is wedding planning.

I knew that I wanted to do something different (I mean, that's sort of my M.O. for this whole shindig) in terms of colors for mine and Justin's wedding. Although red is a favorite of mine (I can't get enough of those deep, vibrant reds), several of my friends have had red weddings. Blue always came to the forefront of ideas when I was pondering, so I kept trying to figure out a good way to take it up a notch.

And then I started seeing inspiration boards like this:(source)

(source)

And I knew that this was it. Yellow and blue. Perfect for a happy, spring wedding. Unfortunately the Mister disagreed. He wasn't too keen on the fellas wearing yellow (just the first of many things I figured he wouldn't have an opinion on). Sigh. So back to the drawing board I went. Blue and chocolate brown? No, didn't like the brown. Teal and red? Nope, not a fan of green-ish blues. Yellow and gray? Hello...I don't like the yellow (oh, how I still pine over the yellow and gray combo). Shew, I didn't think I was ever going to put together a combination that we could both agree on.

But lo and behold, it happened. The skies parted and I finally put together the magic three: Royal blue, silver and red.

 (source)

And yes, it just so happens that our last friends to get married used Navy blue and silver, but the silver was underdone and my blue will be a different shade :) Oh, and did I mention the best part? I'll still get my blue and yellow combo via my and my bridesmaids' bouquets (bwahahaha). And I think that the dispersing of the colors will go something like this: bridesmaids in blue, the groom in a blue tie and vest, the groomsmen in silver ties and vests, and the flower girl & ring bearer in red with silver accents.

Now here's hoping that it looks as pretty in person as it does in my head :)





1 comment:

Sara said...

I think it will look great! Choosing our colors was the number one thing I kept changing my mind about :-)

I found your blog on the weddingbee post and am following now! Looking forward to reading more.